Below are the most commonly asked questions about professional fishing guide services.
Should you have questions that aren’t addressed here, please contact me anytime.
What does a Guiding Experience entail?
- 4 or 8 hours of guided fishing on a fully loaded tournament bass boat
- Interpretive discussions about the local history and First Nation culture
- Access to top quality fishing rods, reels, tackle
- All required safety equipment including PFD’s and instruction
- A guided tour of the lake of your choice
- Assistance / Tutoring of fishing techniques and opportunities
- Digital photo of you with your trophies
- A great experience to recommend to your family and friends
We require $50.00 Canadian per booking as a deposit. We accept cash, cheque and online banking e-transfer as payment.
If paying by cheque, please make out the deposit to Williams Outfitters or Michael Williams.
Williams Outfitters offers many different ways to book your trip.
Book any time via the Contact page or over the phone (1-877-266-9351) at no cost. Gift certificates are available for all special occasions.
What to bring
Williams Outfitters will supply you with almost everything that is needed to enjoy a day of fishing on the water but there are a few items that you must bring such as:
- A valid Ontario Fishing License, or call me for area license dealers
- A small lunch for day trips and lots of water and fluids
- A hat for sun protection
- Positive attitude. We are here for a good time not a long time
- Suitable clothing for different types of weather that we may encounter on the lake
There are many places to stay while visiting the Kawarthas. A great resource to check out is the Buckhorn Tourism website @ www.buckhorn.ca
You are welcome to use your own boat and tackle, however Williams Outfitters is ready to provide every piece of equipment needed to have a fantastic time on the water. Mike has a top of the line Crestliner tournament bass boat and plenty of fishing and safety equipment to ensure we are ready for whatever we decide to fish for. If you do provide your own boat we can meet at a specific location or you can launch your boat at the boat launch close to Mike’s home on Buckhorn Lake.
Refunds and Cancellation
Deposits will be refunded due to extreme weather conditions, emergency situations or if given 1 week notice. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Cancellations must be confirmed by Williams Outfitters 1 week in advance of trip.
How to contact Mike
25 Cedar Bay Rd.
Curve Lake, Ont
Bus Tel 1-877-266-9351